Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Septic Flesh

Yet another band from Greece!  Slight coincidence, but Rotting Christ reminds me of Septic Flesh, so I thought I should share it!  "Hailing from Athens, Attica, Greece, Septic Flesh was founded in 1990. Their sound was a Hellenic brand of Death Metal mixed with Doom Metal and Gothic Metal elements."  They also share the Season of Mist label with Rotting Christ, and Kylesa (with many others, a great label).

Atmospheric, symphonic and rifftastic with clean vocals that mix amazingly with the Death growls... with a lyrical focus on fantasy, mythology, occultism and H.P. Lovecraft it makes for a pretty epic time.  It almost sounds like a horror film soundtrack that was fused with a metal-heads CD collection.

Sangreal:



Lovecraft's Death:

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

5 comments:

Kicking Rocks said...

the music from the first video freak me out for some strange reason. reminds me of temple of doom chants.....kalima!!!!

Rachel Neilson said...

The first song, sangreal, is pretty good. i'm a hip hop fan, but this was pretty catchy.

Charles said...

om namah shivaya!

Frosty said...

I do like the lovecraft's death part

SKS FKF said...

I liked Sangreal a lot. I'm sure I would've enjoyed the references in the Lovecraft song, but I couldn't understand the singer.

NORML